Silky Gomtaro Straight Blade Large Tooth Handsaw
The Gomtaro Large Tooth Handsaw if effortless to use. Silky Saws are designed to cut on the pull stroke. The thin blades will not bow because they are under tension while being pulled across the surface being cut.
This saw is designed for general pruning of medium to large branches.
- It has a tooth style that will cut dense and sappy timbers with ease.
- It has a hollow ground blade, which reduces friction when cutting. This allows the cutting stroke to feel very easy and fast.
- The teeth are not set, they are what Silky call a Mirai-Me tooth style. This style of tooth creates a very smooth cut, which leaves the branch so smooth that it will appear as though it has been given a light sand. This benefits the tree by reducing the chance of water and bacteria sitting on grooves in the timber encouraging infection into the wound.
- This style of tooth also cuts a larger hole in the timber than the width of the blade, therefore reducing the chance of the blade jamming in the cut.
- The blades are made out of high carbon steel. This is a very strong steel, but is also quite flexible, which is very important in a hand saw.
- The blades are also coated to give them some protection from rust and resin.
- The blades are impulse hardened and cannot be sharpened with a hand file.
- The Gomtaro blades stay sharp much longer than a blade that is re-sharpened. They usually last three or four sharpens of an ordinary blade.
- The handles are made out of a special rubber designed by Silky Japan.
- Blade Length: 27 cm. Other blades lengths available including 18 cm, 21 cm, 24 cm and 30 cm.
- Blade Kerf: 1.4 mm
- Blade Tooth Size: Large
- Teeth Type: Non-sharpenable impulse hardened teeth
- Teeth per 30 mm: 8
- Tooth Size: Large